Mauch 010: Sensor Hub X2 – for dual batteries
The Sensor Hub X2 collects the current measurements from two Sensor Boards. The currents are summed up and passed to the ArduPilot compatible flight controller. The voltage of the LiPo packs is also measured.
Dimensions and weight:
- 39 x 31 x 9mm / 7g without cables and without enclosure
- 42 x 34 x 10mm / 13g with enclosure and without cables
- 1x Sensor Hub X2 with CFK enclosure
- 2x 040: Sensor cable
Molex CLIK-Mate 1.25mm 4p / L = 150mm
- 1x alarm output cable
Molex CLIK-Mate 1.25mm 3p / L = 100mm
In stockPlease review the Mauch warranty for returns and replacements.
The main purpose of this hub is to replace existing protection circuits (like an ideal diode) and to monitor that the parallel LiPos each supply the same current to the system.
Since the hub monitors the current of both batteries, you will find out very early when a LiPo starts to fail… before it is too late.
If the difference in current is larger than /- 15%, the Alarm output will be ON to indicate the fault… the pilot should immediately land and check the batteries.
To set up a complete system, you need:
- 1x Sensor Hub X2
- 2x Sensor Boards, either:
- 2x 001: Current Sensor 50A (2x50A max = 100A max)
- 2x 002: Current Sensor 100A (2x100A max = 200A max)
- 2x 003/004: Current Sensor 200A (2x200A max = 400A max)
- 1x Power Supply: Power-Cube or BEC
Two batteries in parallel:
Four batteries in parallel:
Mission Planner setup:
With two Sensor Boards, the ArduPilot settings for Battery Monitor 1 are calculated as follows using the values provided with your Sensor Boards:
Voltage divider = (Voltage divider sensor 1 Voltage divider sensor 2) / 2
Amperes per volt = Amp/V Sensor 1 Amp/V Sensor 2
1. In Mission Planner, under INITIAL SETUP >> Optional Hardware >> Battery Monitor 1, set the “Sensor” to “Other”.
2. Enter the “Voltage divider” value, then click out of the field to save the value. The calculated “Battery voltage” value should be within a few millivolts of the actual battery voltage.
3. Enter the “Amperes per volt” value, then click out of the field to save the value.
Use double side tape or screw onto the frame by removing the M3 screws and drilling holes into the frame. Reinstall the screws through the frame. The original screws will be too short, so please replace them with longer ones according to the thickness of your frame.