• January 5, 2016 at 5:58 am #745
    Ivan

Hello,

I’ve noticed that the altitude shown in the Taranis transmitter differs from the one shown in Mission Planner after being flying for several minutes. I’ve seen a difference of almost 2 meters.

I guess that the interface that you have created for the Taranis transmitter does nothing else but showing the information provided by pixhawk through the telemetry port. How is it possible that there is such a difference in the value of the altitud?.

Regards

January 5, 2016 at 11:39 am #747
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Ivan,

A review of the ArduPilot source code shows it corresponds to the difference between altitude above home and altitude above EKF origin. The EKF origin is set when the Pixhawk is initialized, and altitude above home when the motors are armed. The difference between the two, however, shouldn’t be varying in flight. Most parts of the code use EKF origin, others (such as RTL) use the home altitude, so it is more of a matter of preference as to which one the user would prefer to be displayed…

January 6, 2016 at 7:32 am #753
    Ivan

Thanks for the quick response.

I’ll check what values in the “status” tab in Mission Planner match both altitude above home and ekf origin and I will perfom some tests to check which value seems to be more accurate and when and why they differ so much.

Thanks.

January 6, 2016 at 1:43 pm #755
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Thanks, Ivan, for investigating further. I’d like to hear your conclusions once you have ran some tests.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.