TBS CROSSFIRE TX+RX DIVERSITY BUNDLE
TBS CROSSFIRE TX + TBS CROSSFIRE 8CH DIVERSITY RX (everything pictured)
FlightDeck is not yet available for TBS CrossFire – Work in progress.
A NEW ERA OF CONNECTIVITY
The TBS CROSSFIRE is a long range R/C link based on the newest RF technology, capable of self-healing two-way communications and range beyond comprehension. With a sensitivity of -130dB, full RF-side diveristy, tiny receivers for FPV quads, the TBS CROSSFIRE contains the most modern technology to provide a superior long range control link.
Remote control links, however, are tasked with much more than range. Latency, telemetry, robustness against interference, connectivity with smart devices, ease of use and the overall finish are too often sacrificed for that last bit of range. The Crossfire comes with plenty of range, and uses that margin for additional functionality and reliability. A bright future for FPV lies ahead 🙂
DEVELOPED BY EXPERTS
Team BlackSheep has been notorious for long range records, close-to-ground proximity flying in the Alps and deep urban operations. During our numerous missions all around the globe we have gathered a list of requirements, and have found that no existing system can cover them all. So we set on a long and painful path to develop a RC link system entirely from scratch, put it through its paces for over a year to ensure top-notch reliability and state-of-the-art functionality.
Through the OLED Display on the transmitter, you can monitor the real-time location of your drone (TBS GPS or BlackBox with DJI Naza or APM-based GPS required). The up- and downlink status provide a feeling of safety, the configuration options through the OLED display do away with any PC-based configuration tools. The pulsing LED relays your link budget and link health in colorized form (green = keep going, orange = turn around). In case of a crash, the location of the drone is visible on the OLED as well. The built in battery on the receiver turns it into a beacon automatically – and it will continue to transmit its last known location until the battery runs out.
IT JUST WORKS
Apart from unparalelled range, the thing that we are most proud about on the TBS CROSSFIRE is that it just works. In the past, our question always was “could our R/C link keep up?”. With the TBS CROSSFIRE comes peace of mind. But don’t take our word for it. All leading drone racing organizers require pilots to fly the TBS Crossfire. All top drone racers fly the TBS Crossfire. The furthest long range missions are flown with TBS Crossfire. This is the long range link that everyone has been waiting for!
TELEMETRY / CRSF
As a modern R/C link, it has telemetry built in. Two-way communication opens up new possibilities. From streaming MAVLink to you smart device, to updating your firmware, setting your video transmitter channel or adjusting flight control parameters such as PIDs. Adaptive bandwidth controls the speed of transmission or optimizes for ultimate range. CRSF is a proprietary TBS communication protocol between the Crossfire and R/C and Flight Control. It provides ultra-low latency with incredible bandwidth (3x faster, 6x more data than any comparable protocol!). With such tight integration, the TBS Crossfire is the logical choice for anyone flying Betaflight, KiSS or ArduPilot/Pixhawk platforms.
- Long range, adaptive and robust remote control system for your aircraft
- Immune to on-board noise
- Two-way communication link with real-time link vitals and telemetry
- Self-healing & frequency hopping (DSSS, FHSS)
- Adaptive bandwidth control and range optimization
- Serial Modem capable of transmitting MAVLink or other serial protocols (up & downlink)
- RX beacon mode to recover your downed aircraft
- Super easy binding and configuration via built-in display
- Low latency, 150Hz update rate (3x faster than typical RC links) control for perfect immersive feeling
- Two receiver models: 8ch Diversity Rx, 4ch PPM/SBUS Mini-receiver (4g weight!)
- 8 or 12ch output via PPM/SBUS/CRSF on both receivers
- Ability to fly with multiple friends at the same time (10 or more)
- Selectable RF power from 10mW to 2W (local restrictions apply)
- Dedicated head-tracking input option for full FPV immersion
- Transmitter LED shows link health, OLED display for built in configuration
- Short-Range mobile connectivity telemetry output for smartphone apps
- Fully configurable by OpenTX and TBS TANGO remote using CRSF protocol
- CRSF protocol interface to Betaflight, Kiss and Raceflight FCs (lower latency, higher update rate, telemetry support)
- Expansion port for future feature support
- Micro-receiver for smaller drones. Smaller than you think!
- Software updates via RF Link
TRUE DIVERSITY, FULL RANGE
The TBS CROSSFIRE 8ch Diversity Receiver is a compact R/C receiver with 8ch PWM outputs (PPM, SBUS and CRSF capable), with best-in-industry noise-rejection and record-breaking range capability. It is the only receiver to provide true dual-input stage, chip based diversity, with the usual filtering and noise rejection from on-board video systems.
Ever lost a plane and spent hours looking for it? Enter the TBS CROSSFIRE beacon mode. The 8ch diversity receiver comes with a built-in LiPo battery that will keep the receiver running for a full day after all onboard electronics are gone. It will be screaming for help by giving you its GPS coordinates, and also blasting out RF beacon signals that will allow you to pinpoint its location even if no GPS was ever on your airplane.
BST, the BlackSheepTelemetry port, spreads the goodness of the TBS CROSSFIRE to any device that listens. For example, the TBS CORE PRO will display the RSSI and link quality info. Through CRSF the telemetry gets sent to the ground, where it can be captured by any bluetooth smart device. Software updates will get automatically spread across the entire ecosystem, through a single entry point (e.g. CORE PNP PRO). It’s just user-friendly and safer that way! In case you’re running out of BST ports we’re including a BST port splitter free of charge!
FLARM IS HERE!
FLARM is a traffic awareness and collision avoidance technology for General Aviation, light aircraft, and UAVs. The TBS Crossfire Diversity RX’s will be able to broadcast on the FLARM network for free, receiving drone and general aviation traffic information on your OSD requires additional licenses. Paired with the CORE PRO or FPVision and TBS GPS, you can get a virtual radar showing other FLARM devices around you (~3km range).
This allows safe navigation in crowded airspace, or nailbiting proximity formation flights with your buddies! Fullscale aviation will be alerted if your drone is on a collision course with them, and vice versa.
TBS Crossfire Transmitter
- TBS Crossfire JR Adapter
- TBS Crossfire Stock Tx Antenna
- Crossfire Futaba cable
- Crossfire Graupner cable
- Crossfire PWM Pigtail
- Crossfire JST to XT30 cable
TBS Crossfire 8Ch Diversity Rx
- TBS Crossfire Stock Rx Antenna(2pc)
- BST splitter (one input to three output)
- BST cable (20cm)
- TBS Crossfire – FCC Certificate Part 15C
- TBS Crossfire – FCC Certificate Part 15B
- TBS Crossfire – FCC DOC
- TBS Crossfire – RED Declaration of Confirmity