• February 27, 2016 at 2:34 pm #1098
    Bill
    Participant

I followed the instructions to the letter, but I get “No Telemetry Screens” on the display

February 28, 2016 at 12:49 pm #1113
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

I haven’t had this error myself, so I can only give you my best guess based on what I’m finding online. Is the OpenTX 2.1.x flashed on your Taranis with the LUA option enabled (source: http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6888)?
    Another thing to check: make sure there is no folder named SDcard on your Taranis SD card… If there is, the scripts are not in the correct folder and maybe that’s why you’re getting this error (source: https://github.com/opentx/opentx/blob/9fb7f12091c7ba37fa63f0ed1eea1951a32f2eb1/radio/src/gui/Taranis/view_telemetry.cpp).

February 28, 2016 at 1:59 pm #1115
    Steven Brummett
    Participant

I will say this much. OpenTX makes it incredibly difficult to revert to an older firmware for the Taranis. Had it not been for you providing a link to the prebuilt 2.1.6 LUA enabled version of the firmware, I don’t know what my brother and I would have done (we were setting my brother’s unit up). That’s something I’ll likely speak to the devs at OpenTX about. If Mission Planner allows you to load older firmwares from their repo, then it shouldn’t be too incredibly difficult to do the same with OpenTX.

February 28, 2016 at 2:08 pm #1118
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Yes, I ran into the problem myself… Older versions of OpenTX are hard to come by, and I appreciate you recognized my attempt to accommodate those that want to use 2.1.6 by providing that OpenTX firmware on our Github. That’s a good suggestion for the OpenTX devs.

February 28, 2016 at 3:26 pm #1119
    Bill
    Participant

I was able to fix this by switching from a windows 10 computer to a linux computer. It was version 2.1.7.

I do have another question though. Do I need to install the servo cable from the pixhawk to the x8r in addition to this cable?

Thanks

February 28, 2016 at 3:58 pm #1120
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Yes, the servo cable connected between RCIN on the Pixhawk and SBUS on the X8R is still needed for the Pixhawk to get the RC inputs from your Taranis.

August 22, 2019 at 3:41 pm #23661
    lawrence
    Participant

Ok I have an interesting problem. I have had a system running Flight Deck with out issues until just recently. I have the X9D+, I see telemetry on the telemetry page and on the upper label of the home screen. I hold down the Page button and get the FlightDeck splash screen but it just sits and waits for sensors. It didn’t used to do this it was working not long ago. Nothing has changed on the aircraft or the Cube autopilot or the model on the Taranis. I have formatted the SD card and loaded the appropriate SD files for the Taranis plus Flight Deck and still no change. What is missing between telemetry coming in and the Flight Deck script?

August 22, 2019 at 8:34 pm #23663
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Lawrence,

Check that the associated serial port is still configured for protocol 10.

Is the “GPS” sensor updating (star symbol) on the TELEMETRY screen (may require that you perform Discovery)?

If you’re still having issues, please email [email protected] with any additional info you may have, and we’ll help you troubleshoot further.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.