• September 14, 2019 at 1:41 pm #24706
    Alfamale_99
    Participant

So sorry if this is a dumb question: I just bought a telemetry cable to connect my X8R receiver to my Pixhawk 2.1. I have one end of the cable plugged into TELEM2 on the Pixhawk, and the other end plugged into the Smart Port on the X8R. HOWEVER, the latter end only has two of three wires populated: yellow (signal) and black (- or ground). The red wire for + (power) is missing,. Is this intentional, or was I sent the wrong cable? If the cable is correct, do I need a female-to-female 3-wire servo cable to connect SBUS on X8R to RC IN on Pixhawk?

Thanks for explaining!

September 14, 2019 at 1:48 pm #24707
    Alfamale_99
    Participant

Essentially, I’m worried that if I power everything up right now, I won’t have power to the X8R. Thanks again.

September 14, 2019 at 2:19 pm #24708
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

No RC signals go through Smart Port so the SBUS connection between the X8R and RC IN on the Pixhawk is required.

The telemetry cable is designed as intended. Power to the X8R is supposed to come from the servo cable (usually white/red/black wires) connected to RC IN.

Finally, please make sure that the telemetry cable is plugged in BEFORE everything is powered up (no hot plugging).

September 14, 2019 at 3:49 pm #24709
    Alfamale_99
    Participant

Thanks a bunch for clearing this up. It’s starting to make sense now.,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.