• December 8, 2015 at 11:09 pm #477
    Sanford

Hello,

The install instructions specify that I should copy the contents of the zip file to the root directory of the Taranis SD card.

My question is should the contents of the 2 directories in the zip file be “merged” with what is already on the SD card or should those 2 directories and their contents replace completely the 2 directories on the SD card?

Thanks

December 8, 2015 at 11:18 pm #478
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi Sanford,

You need to “merge” with the content already on the SD card.

December 16, 2015 at 2:02 pm #575
    Mo Zargari
    Participant

How about if you dont have the option of merging and only to replace/rewrite or skip?

December 16, 2015 at 3:06 pm #578
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

The “merge” process consists of replacing/overwriting any file that has the same name. So when you copy the content of the “SDcard” folder (found in the “FrSkyTelemetry.zip” file) to the SD card of the Taranis, you need to replace/overwrite any file on the SD card when prompted. The only thing you should avoid, really, is to delete the contents of the SD card before copying to it the content of the “SDcard” folder.

December 16, 2015 at 4:06 pm #579
    Mo Zargari
    Participant

Thanks

December 17, 2015 at 10:44 am #588
    Mo Zargari
    Participant

I have noticed that according to pdf maual after updating the firmware and rewiting/replace sdcard files to Taranis sdcard.I still have 12 page in Taranis.Have I missed something here?I waiting for the cable to arrive.

December 17, 2015 at 1:25 pm #591
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

If you have only 12 pages in the Taranis menu, it is likely that you are missing the “CUSTOM SCRIPT” page. If that’s the case, the firmware flashed on your Taranis is missing support for Lua scripts. Perform all the steps found in the “Updating Taranis firmware to OpenTX 2.1.x.” section of the manual, and make sure that the lua build option is checked.

[Edit: In some illustrations of the manual, which are taken from the simulator, the menu is 13 pages long. However, on the actual Taranis transmitter, your setup is correct if you have 12 menu pages.]

December 17, 2015 at 2:58 pm #592
    Mo Zargari
    Participant

I have ckecked lua and noheli in my case and I have just rewrote the firmware one more time with the lua to taranis and cpoied the file from sdcard to taranis sdcard but still 12 page.

December 17, 2015 at 3:12 pm #593
    Mo Zargari
    Participant

Never mind I fixed it another way.Thanks anyway.thumbs up

December 17, 2015 at 3:19 pm #594
    Mo Zargari
    Participant

I think the 13 page is inclusive heli setup.

December 17, 2015 at 3:24 pm #595
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

That is correct. There are indeed only 12 menu pages when using the actual Taranis. Thanks for clarifying!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.