• May 14, 2018 at 4:43 pm #12194
    guillaume.ramirez
    Participant

Radiolink MiniPix APM is a low cost version of PixRacer V1.0. From a user point of view, it features all the functionalities of a Pixracer but doesn’t have a FSR port.
    My MiniPix runs ArduCopter 3.5.3

Can I find any way to connect my receiver (XSR) to one of the Telemetry port of the APM? This port bears 6 wires using 1.25mm pitch JST-GH connectors, providing signals as follows :
    Pin Signal Volt
    1 (red) VCC +5V
    2 (blk) TX (OUT) +3.3V
    3 (blk) RX (IN) +3.3V
    4 (blk) CTS (IN) +3.3V
    5 (blk) RTS (OUT) +3.3V
    6 (blk) GND GND

Thanks very much for your kind support!

May 14, 2018 at 5:14 pm #12195
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Guillaume,

Just like on a PixRacer, the Radiolink MiniPix APM has 6-pin JST-GH telemetry ports that follow the DroneCode standard.

Therefore, the Pixhawk 2/Pixhawk 3 telemetry cable that we offer is compatible, and can be connected to either the TELEM1, TELEM2, or GPS/I2C port of your MiniPix: http://www.craftandtheoryllc.com/store/ct-telemetry-cable-for-frsky-radios/?wccp_component_selection%5B1493928886%5D=4183

I know for a fact that the Pixhawk 2/Pixhawk 3 telemetry cable works on TELEM1 or TELEM2 of the PixRacer, and it will be no different on your MiniPix.

May 15, 2018 at 6:43 am #12201
    guillaume.ramirez
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!
    Does this mean i also need to buy the X8R receiver in place of the XSR?
    Can I send you back both receiver and telemetry cable for a replacement/refund in this case?
    Thanks very much again
    Guillaume

May 15, 2018 at 11:24 am #12204
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Guillaume,

I’ll answer your specific query by email.

October 25, 2018 at 5:09 pm #13471
    RONALD
    Participant

Hi i have a Radio Link MINI PIX i have the flight Deck cable for the pixhawk 2.1 and the X4R SB rx can some one tell me how to hook up the X4R sb to the voltage sensor ,i went to MP changed the serial 1 to 10 ,i’m using the telm 1 port on the mini pix , nothing works the taranis says wait on Flight deck

October 25, 2018 at 5:35 pm #13473
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

Use the Pixhawk 2 telemetry cable you purchased along with the X4R adapter and connect as shown (illustration is for Pixhawk 1):
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ALEAAOSwPapbEUKO/s-l1600.jpg

If you have a FLVSS or MLVSS sensor, connect it in between, the cable and the adapter, where the blue dotted line is in the illustration above (you would also need a male to male servo adapter to make the connections).

If the MINI PIX is like the PixRacer, TELEM1 is SERIAL1, so set SERIAL1_PROTOCOL to 10 and make sure that all other serial ports are set to something other than 3, 4, or 10, as only one serial port can be sued for FrSky telemetry at a time.

If you’re still having issues, please do not hesitate to email us with pictures, ArduPilot configuration or other information to: [email protected]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.