• March 3, 2018 at 2:16 pm #11727
    Anthony Short
    Participant

I installed 3.3.4 on my Taranis 9D+ / OpenTX 2.2.1. After a few minutes of flying the Taranis displayed: “Script killed CPU limit”.

This has never happened to me before. I was successfully flying with 3.3.3 and have not changed any models on my Taranis so it should be exactly the same configuration under 3.3.4.

March 3, 2018 at 3:04 pm #11730
    richard.joy
    Participant

I am new to FlightDeck and only have been bench testing for less than a day and I’ve seen this issue several times on my Taranis X9D running OpenTX 2.2.1 (not a plus) and with FlightDeck version 3.3.3 installed. It typically occurs when the Pixhawk is just starting up.

March 3, 2018 at 3:14 pm #11731
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Thanks for the input. I think this problem is present since 3.3.2. I’ll provide an update once I find out more.

March 3, 2018 at 3:23 pm #11732
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

In the meantime, if you have any input on specific conditions that may be causing this, please let me know. This will assist me in testing code changes.

This is sometimes due to infinite loop errors in scripts, but in this case I know it is not because I’ve been running against this lately due specifically to too many things changing on the display. The display functions tend to use a lot of CPU if called frequently, so some routines related to display may have to be optimized further to minimize CPU usage.

March 3, 2018 at 4:57 pm #11735
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

In addition to contacting you both directly by email to test this new version, I went ahead and issued it as a release (v3.3.5) over concerns that other users may be affected.

It cuts down on a display feature that takes a lot of CPU the way it’s written. It will be reinstated once robust CPU optimization procedures are in place. Memory used to be a limitation, and now CPU is as well (both are fairly limited on the X9D, X9D+, and X9E; those limitations are not present on other models, e.g., Q X7). FlightDeck really is pushing the limits on every aspect!

March 5, 2018 at 4:06 pm #11759
    Kim Clarke
    Participant

Hello Florent. My upgrade to 3.3.3 has worked without hitch (I had the “CPU limit” message on 3.3.2) and we have done about 3 hours flying since upgrade. I am also using metric. Would there be further benefits if I upgraded to 3.3.5?

Regards Kim

March 5, 2018 at 5:33 pm #11761
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Kim,

You can look at the changelog found here to decide whether to upgrade: http://www.craftandtheoryllc.com/downloads-and-documentation/

Compared to v3.3.3, v3.3.5 has a couple of buxfixes which end up being very minor if you’re not using imperial units (feet/miles) and a visual routine has been removed to reduce CPU usage, until rigorous CPU optimization is performed on the entire code.

March 5, 2018 at 6:13 pm #11764
    tomas.privora
    Participant

Hi Florent,
    I’m actually experiencing this bug as well. Happened to me about 2-3x in past few hours. So just wanted to point out, that it might affect more users.
    I’m currently using 3.3.2. Should I update to the 3.3.5? And btw. how does it work with the downloads count? Does it mean, that I can download the flightdeck only 4/5 times? Or is the count tied just to the version and is refreshed with a new versions again?
    Thanks!

Have a nice day 🙂
    Tomas

March 5, 2018 at 6:52 pm #11766
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi Tomas,

If you’re experiencing CPU limit problems, yes, please upgrade to 3.3.5.

The download counters can be reset anytime you ask us (just email [email protected]), so there is no limit on the number of times you can download FlightDeck.

March 6, 2018 at 11:56 am #11775
    tomas.privora
    Participant

Ok, thanks.
    Will update my Taranis and will see 🙂

December 9, 2018 at 9:45 am #13864
    geoff.holl1
    Participant

I am running 3.3.3 and Open 2.2.1. Lately I’ve been getting this fault. Looking on this Forum I need to update to V3..3.5. Can you please undate my download counters.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.