• February 1, 2020 at 8:26 pm #28864
    davidjonwhite
    Participant

Hi, my hex was fine on earlier version of arducopter (Pixhawk Cube, Taranis plus radio, RXSR Rx). Now its ‘waiting for flight controller’. In the telemetry page on Tx it is show sensors for RSSI, RxBt, VFAS, Alt,USpd, GPS (though the last 4 have no reading in second column).

Any help appreciated 🙂

David

February 2, 2020 at 11:54 am #28870
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Yes, FlightDeck will work only if the “GPS” sensor updates (indicating the link is working).

If not, you could check whether your SERIAL#_OPTIONS ArduPilot parameters are correct and any other serial port parameters (e.g., make sure only one serial port is configured to 3, 4, or 10).

There are additional troubleshooting steps found in the FlightDekc manual: http://www.craftandtheoryllc.com/downloads/FlightDeck_Manual_EN.pdf

February 7, 2020 at 12:01 pm #28946
    tegwin
    Participant

I am having the same issue.

I had two multi rotors running previous firmware and had no issue with getting telemetry on the taranis.

Now we have upgraded to 4.0.1 one of the drones won’t even boot up with the C&T cable plugged into the telemetry port. The other one will boot but no telemetry is received in the Taranis.

There have been quite a few changes in 4.0.1. Is there anything that’s changed that might have broken your product?

February 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm #28947
    Florent Martel
    Keymaster

Is this the issue (race condition)? https://discuss.ardupilot.org/t/critical-issue-with-frsky-sport-passthrough-telemetry-in-4-0-x-releases/50967

I think this would be best addressed on the ArduPilot forum. While we designed the original passthrough protocol, ArduPilot is free to implement changes to it and we’re grateful the community makes improvements to the protocol all the time! The changes are not meant to break the FrSky telemetry capability altogether though. Is protocol “4” working still? Anyway, this does not have to do with the cable but with ArduPilot and hte devs who made the change would have a lot better idea of what’s going on there…

Also please check your parameters. I do believe there are additional serial parameters that have been or will be introduced soon in ArduPilot relating to the signal conditioning, that if not setup properly would prevent communications.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.